Cardiology and cardiological diagnostics
Cardiovascular diseases, which are the main cause of mortality worldwide, require a comprehensive approach. A correct and high precision diagnosis established on time, is the first step toward proper treatment.
At Medpark you can benefit from the full range of diagnostic services and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. We use modern medical equipment and rely on a team of medical professionals with proven experience.
Diagnostic cardiology services offered at Medpark:
- Electrocardiogram – basic initial investigation, which records the electrical activity of the heart;
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography provides an assessment of the heart by using ultrasound, which allows obtaining sharp and clear images of the heart structure and possible configurations. Doppler echocardiography allows measuring blood flow in different parts of the heart and examining the functioning of the valves.
- Ambulatory electrocardiogram monitoring (Holter ECG) implies a continuous recording of the heart rhythm, usually within a day, using a mobile device. It provides complete and accurate information about how the heart responds to routine activities, particularly useful for evaluating cardiac arrhythmias, heart function after a heart attack, chest pain, and for discovering the causes of various pathological conditions.
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (Holter BP);
- Cardiovascular exercise stress test (Treadmill test). Certain symptoms in cardiac patients only occur under stress, strenuous exercise or other unusual circumstances. The Treadmill test is used for detecting and analyzing them, simulating situations involving stress to the heart, by using physical effort. The patient moves on a treadmill and the physical effort intensifies in stages. During the medical test, the doctor continuously records the electrocardiogram and regularly measures the blood pressure. The test results provide a broader picture about the patient’s condition and may help in the diagnosis of various cardiac pathologies, especially in ischemic heart disease and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Electrophysiological study is an invasive diagnostic method in cardiac arrhythmias. In this study, under radiological guidance, special cables called electrophysiological catheters are introduced to the necessary place for the investigation inside the heart. They are placed in such a way that the physician can record the heart’s electrical activity. In addition, using these catheters, the doctor may stimulate the patient’s heart in different ways to obtain information about its electrical activity.
- Coronary angiography;
- Chest X-ray;
- Computerized tomography;
- Nuclear magnetic resonance.
Within Medpark Cardiovascular Center, the patients are monitored constantly: from the first consultation, throughout treatment and after the surgery. All investigations and procedures are performed at the highest level, in accordance with international standards. Cardiology treatment services include hospitalization of patients, inpatient assessment and diagnosis, selection of appropriate treatment and follow-up.